Tuesday, July 3, 2012

TimeOut KL Photoshoot


Hurrah, July is here! And with July comes this issue of TimeOut KL, in which I had the fun opportunity to be in a photoshoot, thanks to the adorable Emma. Emma asked me to picked out my own clothes for the shoot, and (naturally) it was one of those times when a woman looks into her (full) wardrobe and thinks "OMG I have nothing to wear!"

Women!  /rolls eyes at self

It was really fun to have my own handmade clothes (except the white top which I didn't make) in the magazine shoot. It was my first time being photographed in a studio (with the exception of my graduation photos, but please let's not go there), and all I can say about smizing is that it looks easier on TV than in real life, heheh.

Another thing that excited me was the strobe lighting in the studio. After returning from the photo shoot I bombarded Lobak with questions about the lighting equipment, and he gave me the lowdown on strobe lighting vs continuous lighting. Very interesting...

Here are some photos from the shoot.




Photos by Azhar of Fotomomo


Anyway, this month's issue of TimeOut also comes with the debut issue of TimeOut Style, which I absolutely adore! It's packed with crisp pictures that are balanced out rather proportionally with text. And the text is of substance without trying to be pretentious, so yay! Definitely will look out for the future issues.

This month is going to be crazy, as I juggle my music and sewing jobs. I've also been keeping busy testing out new designs for L.A.R.K and sourcing for better materials. It's going to be exciting! :D

Btw, I recently watched Mirror Mirror and was blown away by the costume design, so I started a Tumblr dedicated to the late great Eiko Ishioka. Hope you'll enjoy her work as much as I do, she is a true artist indeed.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you - the costumes in Mirror Mirror were amazinggg! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @whimsymilieu Yesss! So taken by the vibrant colors and detail and VOLUME! :D

    ReplyDelete