The weather is getting incredibly hot and humid lately, and I've half a mind to shave my hair off! Unfortunately I will just look like a boy monk, so maybe it's a good thing only half a mind was involved in that thought, heh.
Studs are one of the easiest ways to take an outfit from regular to studtacular! Whether you like to go crazy with a fully studded jacket or just minimal with one studded accessory, I approve wholeheartedly :) Here's a simple DIY hair accessory that you can make in a jiffy.
You'll need:
A small piece of felt
Hair comb
2-prong pyramid studs
Multipurpose adhesive ie UHU
Scissors
Cut a strip of felt that equals the height of one prong to the other of your stud.
... not THIS stud ;-)
Cut the strip so it also equals the width of your hair comb from end to end.
Slather some sexy glue on it.
Stick the felt strip onto Ryan Gos--I mean, the hair comb.
Dab some glue onto the felt, and start studding the comb from the edge, prongs facing top and bottom vertically. Use your fingers to bend the prongs inwards (if it's tough, you can use a butter knife or even pliers).
The idea is to latch the prongs onto the felt strip so it won't jiggle around :D
When you're done, the back of the hair comb should look like this, and the front...
... ta-daaaaah!
Enjoy your new DIY studded hair accessory! :)
p/s: Picture of Ryan Gosling from Handmade Ryan Gosling, the best thing for crafters to ever hit the Internet since the Internet.










I love to read your blog, very informative =). I've been looking for this studs for month, where do you get yours? my friend birthday is coming up soon, so I was planning to do something studdy for her and your tutorial on making this beautiful studs hair accessories is very useful. Keep up the fun creative post =).
ReplyDeleteEbay or Etsy. Hobby Lobby has some where they keep their leather-work items.
Delete@Ainna Hello! Thank you for stopping by :D I bought my studs from ochong77 on Ebay, here's the link to her shop http://stores.ebay.com/LittleDream/DIY-finding-/_i.html?_fsub=1672189012&_sid=791692652&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
ReplyDeleteHappy shopping and looking forward to your creation too! :D
Thank you for the link suggestion =). I'm a happy kid now =). Thank you.
ReplyDelete@Ainna My pleasure! :)
ReplyDelete