Friday, May 18, 2012

Fascinator fever


Okay, I don't think it's really a fascinator fever, but I really do enjoy making them! I found some nice felt and made some yesterday.



I've made a few fascinators before, and what I learnt from Threads magazine is that the base should be curved so that it'll sit on top of the wearer's head nicely. I've made flat ones before, and while it may work for smaller sized fascinators, it usually stuck out of my head in an awkward manner and would take me some time to position it before it looks ok.



With a curved base, it's amazing how easy the fascinator sits so naturally! 



And how do you like my croissant hair! Hahaha. I love it. Learnt it from Amy's tutorial after watching Karmin's Brokenhearted video (and that song kept playing in my head while I was combing the suicide roll lol!). 


Here's me thinking: "Hmmm, I think I'm gonna make my roll bigger next time... yeaaaa!"

I'll leave you with Karmin's awesome song! "D

2 comments:

  1. are you going to be a tutorial n how you made your facinators?? they look great! <3 gen

    ReplyDelete